Best Baby Nursery Humidifier Guide
Included here is the 2013 best baby nursery humidifier parent's buying guide to help you choose an ultrasonic, cool or warm mist unit perfect for baby's room. As well as, a best humidifiers for your home list.
Humidifiers are a great, natural solution for babies during the cold season, and dry winter months. Humidifiers can help open clogged sinuses and provide relief for baby’s dry skin, nose, and eyes. The FDA has issued a warning against using cold medicine for children under 2 years old. So, a baby nursery humidifier is a great step in helping your little one remain healthy.
Optimal healthy humidity level for homes is 30-45%. If the humidifier you decide on doesn’t have a humidistat to show you the humidity level, you should buy a digital one. They are inexpensive and will help make sure you don’t over humidify, so you have the healthiest air for your family and home.
Ultrasonic benefits are virtually silent operation and a potentially high level of humidity output in a short amount of time. Cool mist is cheaper to run because warm mist units heat the water which takes much more electricity. Warm mist is nice in winter because there are no drafts of cool air from the unit. Also, there are no filters to buy and change with ultrasonic units. Here is information about cool, warm mist and evaporative humidifiers to help you choose the best nursery humidifier.
Choices in best baby humidifier technology
Cool Mist Ultrasonic Features, Benefits
- Very quiet operation, even on high setting
- No filters to replace
- Lowest annual operation cost Cons
- Requires frequent cleanings (every 3-7 days) to avoid bacteria, germ build up
- Brings down ambient air temperature and may feel too cold during winter
- Must use demineralization cartridge and/or distilled water so it doesn’t produce “white dust”, which can irritate lungs
Warm Mist Features, Benefits
- Soothing, warm mist, helpful during winter months
- Some offer medicine cups to disperse medicinal vapors which the best baby humidifier to help with sinuses
- Many warm mist units boil the water before releasing it into the room. This kills most bacteria, germs.
- No filters to replace
- Requires de-scaling of heating element every few weeks if using hard water
- Higher electricity usage from heating the water
- For safety look for auto shut off units, so the heating element isn’t on when it is empty
Evaporative, Cool Moisture Features, Benefits
- Fan helps propel moisture throughout room and home
- Water evaporates into the air, rather than directly propelled, so minerals and germs that can be in the water, aren’t propelled into the air with the water
- Cleaning is less important, though still necessary, than ultrasonic cool mist, since the bacteria won’t be propelled into the air if the tank or reservoir is dirty
- Filter will capture the minerals and germsCons
- Filters need changing every 3 weeks to 3 months depending on use, and can cost $5-$12 to replace
- Some units can be loud on high because of the fan
- Air can feel drafty and cold during winter months if it’s near sitting or sleeping areas
Best Recommended Baby Nursery Humidifier for 2011
Most Popular Baby Humidifier- Crane Adorable Humidifier.
Crane humidifiers are known for their fun, cute designs. Price averages-$30-$50. They offer many ultrasonic humidifier models. Models including the adorable animal collections, sports models, nursery humidifier and cool mist humidifier. Read the Crane Adorable Humidifier Review Page.
Best High-End, Packed with Features Baby Humidifier - Air O Swiss 7144
Manufacturer’s price: $199.99. Stated to humidify the air up to 650 sq ft. The plastic base is treated with microbial growth inhibiting ionic silver technology. Choose either warm or cool mist with this unit. A digital regulator automatically adjusts the output to keep the humidity level you choose. Timer allows for 1-8 hour auto shut off mode. Read the full Review Read the full Air O Swiss 7144 Ultrasonic Digital Humidifier Review.
Best Cheap Warm Mist Humidifier - Duracraft HWM910
Honeywell Duracraft Warm Mist Humidifier. Manufacturer’s price $29.99. 2 gallon output per day. High/low settings for moisture output control. Base is dishwasher safe for cleaning. Medicine cup to disperse optional vicks vapors. Automatic shut off. Operates up to 12 hours per filling and humidifies up to 700 sq ft. Read the full Honeywell Duracraft Warm Humidifier Review
Large Cheap Cool Mist Evaporative Humidifier – Graco 4 Gallon Humidifier
Graco Cool Mist Humidifier. Manufacturer’s price: $74.99. 4 Gallon per day output max. 3 speed settings. Evaporative technology with replaceable filter. Programmable humidistat. Read the full Graco 4 Gallon Humidifier Review
Write Your Humidfier Review Here
What's the best humidifier you've owned? Share it with the world!
From Baby Nursery Humidifier To Best Humidifers Page
From Baby Nursery Humidifier To Air Purifiers Humidifiers Home