allergic reaction to ultrasonic humidifier

by Vickie
(North Pekin, IL )

I just purchased a ultrasonic humidifier and had a allergic reaction the first day of use. I used distilled water and my reactions were skin stinging all over, eyes red and hyper. What might be the problem with humidifier? Thanks, Vickie

Comments for allergic reaction to ultrasonic humidifier

Click here to add your own comments

Dec 26, 2013
humidifier allergy
by: Lisa - site expert

Hi,
Wow, that is quite an allergic reaction to your ultrasonic humidifier. I'm wondering if there was some chemicals in the tank that got into the water? If you used only distilled water, there should not be minerals getting into the air causing your allergy. I would rise everything out with vinegar, then rise again with distilled water and try it again.
Lisa

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Questions? Contact us..