Best Air Purifier Buying Guide Comparison Advice
Best air purifier buying guide and shopping tips. Expert advice answers your home and room air purifier comparison questions.
Best Air Purifier Buying Guide and comparison advice
With this air purifier buying advice, find important things to look for when air purifier comparison shopping.
- Odor or smells an issue? Carbon filter is good for reducing odors.
- Allergy or asthma problems? HEPA filters collects smaller particles of dust, pollen, dander for the greatest amount removed which helps allergy and asthma sufferers greatly.
- What noise level can you tolerate? Some air purifiers fairly quiet on high, some are really loud even on low. If noise is an issue, especially if you will be sleeping with it on, check out purifier noise reviews.
- Do you need help remembering when it’s time to change the filters? Some have indicator lights when it’s time to change, some don’t. I need help remembering, so I look for indicator lights.
- Is cost an issue? If so, make sure to look at permanent HEPA filter purifiers, because new filters can often cost from $100-$800/year additionally.
- What size room or area do you need purified? Be sure to check as some only clean a few hundred sq. ft. and others clean up to 1000 sq. ft.
- Do you need chemicals or gas removal? These air cleaners are especially good for people with multiple chemical sensitivities. When buying an air purifier, look for a brand which offers this extra level of air cleaning. Only the top brands will offer the best air purifier filters to thoroughly remove these pollutants.
Air Purifier Advice and Explanation of Technology:
What is a HEPA filter?
HEPA stands for high efficiency particulate air which means that it can remove up to 99.7% of airborne particles that are 0.3 micrometer, or more depending on the filter rating. It has a higher rate of success for larger particles.
What does this mean? It does a great job removing pollens, fine dust, smoke and many allergy causing particles in general. The best air purifier filters are HEPA filters. Any that aren't HEPA, won't do a good job cleaning the air.
What is an air purifier pre-filter?
A pre-filter captures the larger air particles, so the main filter stays cleaner longer. This extends the life of the main filter.
What is the difference between an air purifier and air cleaner?
Air cleaners are another name for air purifiers. Some people will call their product an air cleaner, but it has the same functions as an air purifier.
What should I look for in an ionic air purifier ?
An Air Purifier Ionizer can be a great feature. Ionizers release negative ions, which have been proven in studies to elevate your mood and help you feel better. Ocean air is full of negative ions and thereby has that vibrant quality. Make sure any ionizer you purchase does not produce ozone. Ozone has been determined to be a lung irritant, in elevated amounts over .05 ppm, and can be especially harmful to those with asthma.
With these tips for air purifier buying, hopefully your shopping will be a little easier. To your health...naturally...
From Best Air Purifier Buying Guide To Best Air Purifier
From Air Purifier Buying Guide To Air Purifier Humidifer Home Page